I've been working on a skating dress for a friend of my daughter's. She wanted a 60s mod vibe. I found the fabric on SpandexWorld. I think it's actually swimsuit material, but it worked out great for this. I fully lined it because the fabric was not completely opaque. This is a zip-front pattern by Jalie.
This was a fun pattern to make. I am pretty happy with the invisible zipper (though it was a bit of a cheat because the bottom of the zipper goes into the skirt seam, so I didn't have to make it look truly invisible). Here's the dress (with a different belt) for a closer look.
The part I'm most proud of, though, is the pair of boot covers I made to look like go-go boots. The stretch vinyl is the same as what I used in the belt. The boot covers also feature zippers. I made hook and loop tabs so they could be adjusted at the top and the bottom.
Leave a Reply.